Thursday, January 4, 2007

COFFEE

Coffee is one of the most widely consumed beverages in the world. It is prepared from the roasted seeds—commonly referred to as beans—of the coffee plant, and is usually served hot but can also be served cold. A typical 7 fluid ounce (ca. 207 mL) cup of coffee contains 80-140 milligrams of caffeine, depending on the method of preparation.[1] Coffee represents 71% of all the United States caffeine consumption followed by soft drinks and tea.[2] Coffee, along with tea and water, is one of the most frequently-drunk beverages, its volume amounting to about a third that of tap water in North America and Europe.[3] In 2003, coffee was the world's sixth largest agricultural export in terms of value, behind wheat, maize, soybeans, palm oil and sugar.[4]


And I LOVE IT!!! Especially since I started working, since I start @ 7:00 am, The coffee at work is free so I usually try to be at work 6:30 - 6:45 so I can sit and talk with my coworkers about the stuppidest things, drink coffee and start the day nice and easy!! And then at 9:30 I drink another cup of coffee, at 12:00 usually 2 cups of coffee, and then at 14:30 my last cup of the day.

Since I drink my coffee out of 150-200ml plastic cups, thats about 160ml coffee a cup average

160 * 5 = 800ml coffee a DAY

800ml * average caffein in coffee (about 110 mg/200ml ) = 440mg caffein a day... AND I'M STILL TIRED.... maybe I should go to bed earlier :) or drink even more coffee... hmm, I think I'll go for the more sleep part


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Woow! That's interesting.. haha

Beetje vreemd dat je dan nog moe bent.. haha

Dronk je op kamp wel koffie dan?
Of mss was je zo druk omdat je te weinig caffeine binnenkreeg.. ofzo.. Whaha..

Oja en wat veeeeeeeeel vuurwerkdinggevallen liggen er onder jouw raam!

Tjuuuuuuuuuuuuuus!

Unknown said...

Howdy from the USA! This is your other Mother! Ha!

About the caffeine Mark....I can't imagine you needing something extra to perk you up when you already put the energizer bunny to shame.

Well when you live here, you can slow down on that coffee because you won't need it as much. Just breathing in all this country air and running with Chase every day will give you lots of energy!

We can't wait to see you and I know our dog Chase will love having you home with him!

Sandy & Pappa